Can I volunteer with Twenty Paws Rescue?
Yes! Twenty Paws is solely run by volunteers, and more help is always needed. There are many ways you can help:
- Adopt: Give a homeless dog or cat a second chance and their happily ever after- the most precious gifts you could ever give! You will rescue each other, and help us continue our work!
- Foster: Since we do not have a shelter or kennel facility, we heavily rely on the generosity of those willing to open their homes and hearts to our dogs and cats until they are adopted. As a foster home, your job is to love, care for, and feed a homeless or abandoned dog/cat until they find their own forever family. The approval process for our foster homes is the same as for adopters, so if you are interested in fostering, please complete and submit a foster application. You give the dog/cat the home and love, we provide the rest!
- Home Visits: A home visit is required for all of our adoptive and foster homes. As a home inspector, your role is to be our eyes and ears and make sure the home would be a safe, loving environment for one of our dogs or cats. A form is provided to you prior to each visit, so you know exactly what to look for and what to ask.
- Fundraising: We always need help finding new and creative ways to help raise funds for our rescue. If this is something that appeals to you, please contact us! Twenty Paws depends on donations to keep up with vet bills, transportation, trainers, and other expenses that arise. If you are creative and great at mingling with people, this might be right for you.
- Transport: Occasionally, we need people to help our dogs get from one location to another. A valid driver’s license, car, crate (depending on the dog), and desire to help are all you need! If you do not have a crate, please let us know and we will find one for you. A carrier would be necessary for cats.
If you are interested in adopting, fostering, or volunteering, kindly complete and submit the volunteer application
Can I make a donation?
Yes! All donations go directly to our rescues and every little bit helps. Your monetary donation will help us continue to rescue, provide animals with life saving and routine care, and support our fosters and volunteers. You can donate via our website, paypal, or by mailing a check. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. You can mail checks to either
Twenty Paws Rescue, PO Box 245007, Brooklyn, NY 11224
Can I donate items for dogs?
Yes! We are in need of new or lightly used items, such as crates, blankets and sheets (in good condition), toys, food, treats, harnesses, collars- you name it. You can mail donations to either of our addresses, listed above, or email us at email@example.com with any questions.