Twenty Paws Rescue is a volunteer run, foster home NYC based rescue. We are not a shelter. Thus, we depend on the kindness and generosity of volunteers, fosters, and adopters. If interested in volunteering, adopting, or fostering a homeless pet, please complete an application below! A member of our team will promptly respond and update you on your application status. We take all applications into consideration;
Please note the following BEFORE applying.
1. We have endless volunteer opportunities, including ones you can do from home or virtually. So, you can be located anywhere in the world (or space)
2. We only work with fosters and adopters in the following states NJ, NY, CT, VT, RI, MA, ME, and PA. We will consider DE and MD for special circumstances. We do NOT ‘ship’ dogs and adopters are expected to come to the foster home for a meet and greet/adoption. IF applying to foster, travel and receiving your foster dog will be discussed during the phone interview.
3. Due to the pandemic, all home visits are virtual.
4. Read the entire bio before applying. Our team invests a lot of time into writing each one and they will answer most, if not all, your questions.
5. Once we receive your application, we will email you a confirmation and status update within 24 hours. At that time, you will know if you are in consideration for a dog.
6. After your application is reviewed, we will email you to set up a phone interview. Then, we will have a volunteer contact you to schedule a home visit. Once that is complete, and you pass, we will connect you with the dog’s foster parent. For those applying to foster, we will email you a foster welcome email and have a phone call about what’s next.
7. IF the foster, TPR, and you feel it is a match, THEN you are approved to adopt the pup. We will send you a contract to sign and email back before meeting the dog. The donation is to be paid at this time as well. This is done because on the day you meet the dog, you can adopt that day. However, you are never obligated to adopt a dog you don’t feel is a match. Therefore, signing the contract does not bind you to an adoption. We will void the contract and refund you immediately if you do not move forward with the adoption after the meet and greet.
8. Donation fees- Domestically rescued dogs are $450. Internationally rescued dogs are $799. All international dogs will now have to wear a Fi Collar, a GPS tracking collar with battery life up to 3 months! Adopters receive a $99 gift card to cover the cost of a 1 year subscription. The collar will go with the dog at no additional cost, which is a great deal, since the collar is $149. This added security will help keep our international dogs safe and provide another tool, if they run away.
9. You have the option to be preapproved to adopt or foster. If you chose this route, we will add you to our email distribution list for incoming dogs. This list receives an email before we publicly post dogs.
Thank you for your time, consideration, and support.
The Twenty Paws Team